Lifestyle & Fun
Going to Fashion Week without leaving home
UPPER WEST SIDE (WABC) -- It's a way for those who can't make it to the tents to still be able to soak up these looks on the runway.
"This is a way to reach more people who are passionate about fashion," designer Rachel Roy said. "The idea that there might be a young girl out there that has never seen a fashion show and I'm able to give that to her, makes me feel really good.".
It's a first for designer Rachel Roy - a digital runway show.
We were invited behind the scenes as her team shot the production, featuring Rachel's fall collection inspired by 18th century artwork.
Using a trio of models and the same number of cameras, the crew meticulously captured not only traditional angles, but so much more - one of the benefits or doing it this way.
"I can have the camera focus on what I want my costumer to see, whether it's a button, an embellishment, embroidery, richness that you might now see if you were at an in-person show," Roy said.
Once the show is shot, it will go to edit and then post online February 14th.
Using a digital platform instead of having a live show gives Rachel more control and customers a sort of inside guide to her collection. Different, but better in the long run.
"In the moment, you lose that instant emotion of when a look comes down the runway and the audience says 'ahhhh,' but you still get that. They just are not sitting in front of you. They are doing it front of their computers or on mobile phone, as they watch Rachel''s Facebook page," Amy Rapawy said.
She has nearly 70-thousand likes on Facebook. Rachel hopes to inspire others to also take a walk on the virtual runway, who knows one day all of this maybe a thing of the past.
"For younger designers it's hard to get the right editors and buyers at your show and this way you send it to their office and hopefully all they have to do is watch it," Roy said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
fashion week, fashion, rachel roy, lifestyle & fun, kemberly richardson
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 50 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 35 min ago
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 39 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 21 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 4 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 9 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
21 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
50 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos