Lifestyle & Fun
Going to Fashion Week without leaving home
UPPER WEST SIDE (WABC) -- It's a way for those who can't make it to the tents to still be able to soak up these looks on the runway.
"This is a way to reach more people who are passionate about fashion," designer Rachel Roy said. "The idea that there might be a young girl out there that has never seen a fashion show and I'm able to give that to her, makes me feel really good.".
It's a first for designer Rachel Roy - a digital runway show.
We were invited behind the scenes as her team shot the production, featuring Rachel's fall collection inspired by 18th century artwork.
Using a trio of models and the same number of cameras, the crew meticulously captured not only traditional angles, but so much more - one of the benefits or doing it this way.
"I can have the camera focus on what I want my costumer to see, whether it's a button, an embellishment, embroidery, richness that you might now see if you were at an in-person show," Roy said.
Once the show is shot, it will go to edit and then post online February 14th.
Using a digital platform instead of having a live show gives Rachel more control and customers a sort of inside guide to her collection. Different, but better in the long run.
"In the moment, you lose that instant emotion of when a look comes down the runway and the audience says 'ahhhh,' but you still get that. They just are not sitting in front of you. They are doing it front of their computers or on mobile phone, as they watch Rachel''s Facebook page," Amy Rapawy said.
She has nearly 70-thousand likes on Facebook. Rachel hopes to inspire others to also take a walk on the virtual runway, who knows one day all of this maybe a thing of the past.
"For younger designers it's hard to get the right editors and buyers at your show and this way you send it to their office and hopefully all they have to do is watch it," Roy said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
fashion week, fashion, rachel roy, lifestyle & fun, kemberly richardson
- Large tornado touches down near Oklahoma City 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Muggy 25 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly man falls in Hudson off of Pier 84 3 min ago
- Investigation follows police shooting of student
- Suffolk County man arrested for sex crimes against children
- Metro North riders forced to find other means 57 min ago
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Metro North riders forced to find other means
57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Muggy
25 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos