Lifestyle & Fun
Social club for dogs and owners
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Many of us love our pets, but we can't take them with us everywhere.
There is a new club that lets you bring your four legged friend with you.
It's a social club for you and Fido.
You have to belong and your pet has to apply to get in, but for pet lovers joining "Ruff Club" has its perks.
It's not something you see in New York, a dog sidled up to a bar.
In fact, city laws prohibit pets in places where food and beverages are served, but this spot is a little different.
"We are a dog friendly social club and contemporary pet care hub," said Alexia Frost, owner.
In other words, it's a place for people and their pets to hang out.
Danny and Alexia Frost opened "Ruff Club" in their neighborhood.
"It really grew out of our experience raising Leo, we weren't very happy with the existing business model, we thought it was very impersonal and sort of transactional," said Danny Frost, owner.
There's more of a community feel, with free coffee and Wi-Fi.
"It's like a living room, I can come in, have coffee, bring in crossants, it's a nice group of people," a member said.
The annual membership is $149, but there's also day care for $29 and overnight care for $49.
Adrianna Guardella plans to board her dog, Phoebe, but she also likes being able to spend time here as well.
"I like the idea that it was somewhere I could work because I work from home, and I hate working from home, so I'm always looking for another option to be out in public working," Guardella said.
With a pretty bar, dog décor, and comfy chairs, dog owners finally get a place to call their own.
The dogs seem pretty happy about that.
"Thaddeus loves it, he even knows the words. 'You want to go to Ruff Club, you love Ruff Club?' Look we're here!" a member said.
So far, no dogs have been turned away, but there is a screening process.
For more information please visit: http://ruffclub.com/
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
dog, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide