Lifestyle & Fun
Wall climbing for adults
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Tomas Anthony wants his workouts to take people well beyond the walls of his gym, those walls are pretty high.
"Getting in shape is really important. Every inch of usable space for training," Anthony said.
So his circuit training classes aren't so much about lifting weights as they are about playing in the space.
This sort of playtime does a number on you. In one hour we work our entire body, from floor work to wall work.
Everybody's got to climb. No harness or helmet. Most of us are staying low, though some are much more adept. It's something to strive for, as are managing the rings. It's so much harder than it looks.
"There isn't any other exercise that's gotten me into the kind of shape. I feel really athletic," Emily Perkowski said.
And perhaps more prepared to face what the day outside the gym will bring, and that's why Tomas calls his place, Everyday Athlete.
"Most of all, I hope you come away with a great workout, but also the inspiration to take what you learned. The essence of what we're trying to do," he said.
For more information, please visit Everyday Athlete on the web: everydayathlete.com
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos