Lifestyle & Fun
Wall climbing for adults
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Tomas Anthony wants his workouts to take people well beyond the walls of his gym, those walls are pretty high.
"Getting in shape is really important. Every inch of usable space for training," Anthony said.
So his circuit training classes aren't so much about lifting weights as they are about playing in the space.
This sort of playtime does a number on you. In one hour we work our entire body, from floor work to wall work.
Everybody's got to climb. No harness or helmet. Most of us are staying low, though some are much more adept. It's something to strive for, as are managing the rings. It's so much harder than it looks.
"There isn't any other exercise that's gotten me into the kind of shape. I feel really athletic," Emily Perkowski said.
And perhaps more prepared to face what the day outside the gym will bring, and that's why Tomas calls his place, Everyday Athlete.
"Most of all, I hope you come away with a great workout, but also the inspiration to take what you learned. The essence of what we're trying to do," he said.
For more information, please visit Everyday Athlete on the web: everydayathlete.com
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust 21 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014