Lifestyle & Fun
Find a cozy fireplace in New York City
NEW YORK (WABC) -- When it's cold outside you want a cozy fireplace and a hot drink.
But finding a fireplace in New York City can be a bit challenging.
Eyewitness News shows you where you can cozy up.
It's not something you usually see in the city, but at the Black Mountain Winehouse the working fireplace is a big draw.
The fireplace actually heats the whole room, so it can get pretty toasty up close.
At the Iroquois Hotel on 44th Street, The Lantern's Keep Bar could lure you in.
So head to the back of the lobby to the bar where most of the drinks are by the fire.
At the Inn at Irving Place you'll find Lady Mendy's Tea Salon where there are five fireplaces to keep you warm.
Tea is served everyday and you may even feel like you're back in the 1800s.
You'll want to linger and enjoy that hot tea.
Finally, this is a spot that will really encourage you to linger; it's the VIP spa suite at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel at Columbus Circle.
From the soaking tub, you can move onto foot treatments or massages or just lounge and have a meal on a king size bed.
You can do it all while the fire is going.
With a fireplace in your spa room you may forget its winter.
It is unusual and the hotel says it's a real selling point.
Of course the spa treatments will cost you a little more than a pot of tea, but there's something for everyone's budget with these fire place spots.
For more information please visit:
The Inn at Irving Place & Lady Mendl's
56 Irving Place
(Between 17th & 18th Streets)
New York, NY 10003
The Lantern's Keep Bar at The Iroquois Hotel
49 W 44th St New York, NY 10036
415 Union St Brooklyn, NY 11231
80 Columbus Circle at 60th Street
New York, New York 10023, USA
+1 (212) 805 8800
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ