Lifestyle & Fun
Cameras rolling as divers come to dolphin's aid
HAWAII (WABC) -- Divers in Hawaii lent a hand to a needy dolphin, and the incident was caught on camera.
In the video, you can see a bottlenose dolphin approach a diver who noticed his fin was entangled in fishing line.
The diver used a knife to cut away at the line, freeing the dolphin.
The group was on a night dive to view manta rays off the coast of Kona, Hawaii.
They say they've helped free manta rays from entanglement before and that the dolphin showed interest in getting some help for himself.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos