Lifestyle & Fun
Cameras rolling as divers come to dolphin's aid
HAWAII (WABC) -- Divers in Hawaii lent a hand to a needy dolphin, and the incident was caught on camera.
In the video, you can see a bottlenose dolphin approach a diver who noticed his fin was entangled in fishing line.
The diver used a knife to cut away at the line, freeing the dolphin.
The group was on a night dive to view manta rays off the coast of Kona, Hawaii.
They say they've helped free manta rays from entanglement before and that the dolphin showed interest in getting some help for himself.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Large explosion, fire in East Harlem; at least 16 hurt 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live! 46 min ago
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 12 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25