Lifestyle & Fun
Cameras rolling as divers come to dolphin's aid
HAWAII (WABC) -- Divers in Hawaii lent a hand to a needy dolphin, and the incident was caught on camera.
In the video, you can see a bottlenose dolphin approach a diver who noticed his fin was entangled in fishing line.
The diver used a knife to cut away at the line, freeing the dolphin.
The group was on a night dive to view manta rays off the coast of Kona, Hawaii.
They say they've helped free manta rays from entanglement before and that the dolphin showed interest in getting some help for himself.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- At least 8 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 50 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- No remains found in latest Jimmy Hoffa search 11 min ago
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth 19 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies 5 min ago
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- Photos: Bear the police dog 21 min ago