Lifestyle & Fun
Deer rescued from icy lake in dramatic video
GOLDEN, Colorado -- Colorado wildlife officials with help from Coors brewery employees have rescued a large mule deer stranded on an icy lake near Golden.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife district spokeswoman Jennifer Churchill said Thursday the animal wandered onto the frozen lake or was chased by a predator and appeared to be in good condition. She said there was no indication the animal broke through the ice and it was not struggling.
Rescuers lassoed the animal and were able to drag it across the lake to safety.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire 19 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 1 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
45 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos