Lifestyle & Fun
Deer rescued from icy lake in dramatic video
GOLDEN, Colorado -- Colorado wildlife officials with help from Coors brewery employees have rescued a large mule deer stranded on an icy lake near Golden.
Colorado Parks and Wildlife district spokeswoman Jennifer Churchill said Thursday the animal wandered onto the frozen lake or was chased by a predator and appeared to be in good condition. She said there was no indication the animal broke through the ice and it was not struggling.
Rescuers lassoed the animal and were able to drag it across the lake to safety.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun
- Worker trapped in waist-deep mud in Queens trench 11 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms 54 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Arrest in deadly stabbing of livery cab driver
- Stabbing reported near Times Square 36 min ago
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- FBI releases new footage in Times Square bomb 6 min ago
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush 34 min ago
- 2 dead in double shootingi in NJ doctor's office
- Chrysler agrees to recall Jeeps at risk of fire
- Leonia firehouse shut in wake of sex assault 11 min ago
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
- Stabbing reported near Times Square
36 min ago
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush
34 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms
54 min ago