Lifestyle & Fun
Soothing drinks for winter
NEW YORK (WABC) -- To do perform 8 times every week on Broadway, the star of Mama Mia has to take care of her body and her voice.
Judy McLane is especially mindful of that during the winter, so her strategy? A Cold Warrior.
It's a concoction of organic green tea, orange juice, ginger, Echinacea, Vitamin c and zinc all steamed together
The drink was actually created for Broadway performers.
"On the way to the theater, I started drinking it and I thought 'Oh my God! I'm going to have the best show ever.' And I sang a great show that night," she said.
Now there's a hot Juice Farmacy menu at Juice Generation that also includes the Ginger Fix - a version of a Chai tea made with almond milk.
The Dr. Bombay is made of fresh apple and pear juice with cinnamon and added vitamins.
The Lemon Lozenge sounds like it's name, but with a kick of cayenne.
These drinks may not entirely prevent a cold, but if you've already got one, they're comfort in a cup.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 28 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after derailment 21 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday 47 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands in California 39 min ago
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos