Lifestyle & Fun
What would you do if the world was ending?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- What if December 21 was the last day forever? As time ticks away, how would you spend it?
"Skydiving, I've always wanted to go!" said Courtney Polito, from Albany.
"The Mayans predicted it and they've been right about everything else!" said Dylan Burtis, from Sri Lanka.
What kinds of things would you indulge in and who would you spend it with?
If it's about to be over, do you dig into your wallet to spend your last dime at a wishing well?
"Spend it with my family, huddle, and get out our I love you's, say I'm sorry and never meant it, all go together. But it's not going to happen!" said Lorette Nicolas, from Brooklyn.
"Not sure what to do. I don't know exactly how spend it, I guess with friend and family, partying probably," said Sue Ellen Duart, in New York's Times Square. It seems most people are not buying into this end of the world theory but even with the biggest of skeptics it seems like this has given them something to think about at least.
"I apologize for the kids I tortured in high school," one man said. "I have no regrets. I have a clear conscience, I'm good to go," said Kyle Motsanger, a Washington Heights resident.
Angela Underhill of Brooklyn says with the recent events in New York City she almost feels like the end has already happened so she's cherishing every day, "These are my nieces and this what I enjoy the most I'm doing what I want to do."
Overwhelmingly, New Yorkers said they want to spend it with family.
But if you really need something for your bucket list, there is a town in France among the foothills of the Pyrenees that is attracting partygoers from all over the world.
Apocalypse believers claim the tiny village is a refuge from doomsday. Another popular escape is Mexico's Yucatan peninsula near the sites of the ancient Mayan cities where the 21st is not just an end, but a date that marks another beginning.
End of the World Parties in New York City:
End of the World Party Beats
December 20th at 11PM to 2am 621 West 46th Street
THE BELL HOUSE
Dec. 21st 6:30pm $25 149 Seventh St at Second Ave. in Brooklyn
BOWERY HOTEL BAR
Dec. 21st 7 to 11:55pm 335 Bowery at East Third Street
BB KING BLUES CLUB
Dec. 21 11pm to 4am $20
237 W. 42nd St. at Eighth Ave.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, lifestyle & fun, amy freeze
- Fire tears through Carlstadt post office
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Harlem robber caught on camera using ATM
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan hospital attack
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Photos: On World's Fair's 50th a new national...
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos