Lifestyle & Fun
Gifts that give back
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It is the season of giving, and many companies now offer products that also give back with a portion of the price could to charity.
Nancy Taylor is the CEO of an e commerce site called Gifts That Give. The site features 4000 items to buy and 20 percent of each item goes to the charity of your choice. And that 20 percent is also tax deductible so start buying.
How about a pop phone? It's a handset that plugs into your iPhone for 35 dollars - $7 goes to your charity of choice, Another example is a wine decanter that costs $50 with $10 going to charity.
At Bloomingdale's, celebrity designed ornaments are $40 each. All proceeds go to the Child Mind Institute.
At ABC Carpet and Home, decorative items do good. The placemats are made in New York out of Japanese remnant fabrics. A portion of proceeds go to tsunami relief in Japan.
Table runners and pillows made of nettle benefit women in the Himalayas, where the nettle is collected and in Mali where the products are woven.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
holiday, holliday gifts, charity, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise 31 min ago
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx...
31 min ago
More Lifestyle and Fun
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos