Lifestyle & Fun
Gifts that give back
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It is the season of giving, and many companies now offer products that also give back with a portion of the price could to charity.
Nancy Taylor is the CEO of an e commerce site called Gifts That Give. The site features 4000 items to buy and 20 percent of each item goes to the charity of your choice. And that 20 percent is also tax deductible so start buying.
How about a pop phone? It's a handset that plugs into your iPhone for 35 dollars - $7 goes to your charity of choice, Another example is a wine decanter that costs $50 with $10 going to charity.
At Bloomingdale's, celebrity designed ornaments are $40 each. All proceeds go to the Child Mind Institute.
At ABC Carpet and Home, decorative items do good. The placemats are made in New York out of Japanese remnant fabrics. A portion of proceeds go to tsunami relief in Japan.
Table runners and pillows made of nettle benefit women in the Himalayas, where the nettle is collected and in Mali where the products are woven.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
holiday, holliday gifts, charity, lifestyle & fun, lauren glassberg
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 49 min ago
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span 49 min ago
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 20 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Boston rice cooker suspect sent to psych hospital