Better sleep can make a difference in looks
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The fountain of youth could be a lot closer than you might think, your pillow.
Researchers at the University of Michigan and Michigan Technological University conducted a study to see if sleep, in fact, does make a difference to your looks.
They gave a group of adults treatment to help them sleep more soundly.
Though two-thirds of people appeared more alert, youthful, and attractive after treatment, better sleep didn't seem to help with the classic 'sleepy' appearance, such as eye-swelling or dark circles.
healthy you, health news
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Heroin antidote Narcan saves 6 in Ocean County
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Baby monitors batteries recalled over burn hazard
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos