Better sleep can make a difference in looks
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The fountain of youth could be a lot closer than you might think, your pillow.
Researchers at the University of Michigan and Michigan Technological University conducted a study to see if sleep, in fact, does make a difference to your looks.
They gave a group of adults treatment to help them sleep more soundly.
Though two-thirds of people appeared more alert, youthful, and attractive after treatment, better sleep didn't seem to help with the classic 'sleepy' appearance, such as eye-swelling or dark circles.
healthy you, health news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees