Better sleep can make a difference in looks
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The fountain of youth could be a lot closer than you might think, your pillow.
Researchers at the University of Michigan and Michigan Technological University conducted a study to see if sleep, in fact, does make a difference to your looks.
They gave a group of adults treatment to help them sleep more soundly.
Though two-thirds of people appeared more alert, youthful, and attractive after treatment, better sleep didn't seem to help with the classic 'sleepy' appearance, such as eye-swelling or dark circles.
healthy you, health news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster