Better sleep can make a difference in looks
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The fountain of youth could be a lot closer than you might think, your pillow.
Researchers at the University of Michigan and Michigan Technological University conducted a study to see if sleep, in fact, does make a difference to your looks.
They gave a group of adults treatment to help them sleep more soundly.
Though two-thirds of people appeared more alert, youthful, and attractive after treatment, better sleep didn't seem to help with the classic 'sleepy' appearance, such as eye-swelling or dark circles.
healthy you, health news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos