Red Cross requests donations after down month
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The American Red Cross is asking people to get into the spirit of giving now.
The organization has issued an emergency call for blood and platelet donors of all blood types.
And what better way to get people's attention than holding a blood drive.
At Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan Tuesday, plenty of folks rolled up their sleeves for the cause.
Blood donations were down in June and the first week of July.
The Red Cross is hoping by getting the word out, so donations will go up.
Donations typically slow down in the summer when regular donors go on vacation.
If you want to donate blood to the red cross, check out locations:
- Yonkers fire injures family of four 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots! 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Spring Valley police to announce arrest in Baby Angel case 8 min ago
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters
- Limited 7 train service on entire line 26 min ago
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire 49 min ago
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
28 min ago