Red Cross requests donations after down month
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The American Red Cross is asking people to get into the spirit of giving now.
The organization has issued an emergency call for blood and platelet donors of all blood types.
And what better way to get people's attention than holding a blood drive.
At Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan Tuesday, plenty of folks rolled up their sleeves for the cause.
Blood donations were down in June and the first week of July.
The Red Cross is hoping by getting the word out, so donations will go up.
Donations typically slow down in the summer when regular donors go on vacation.
If you want to donate blood to the red cross, check out locations:
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash