Red Cross requests donations after down month
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The American Red Cross is asking people to get into the spirit of giving now.
The organization has issued an emergency call for blood and platelet donors of all blood types.
And what better way to get people's attention than holding a blood drive.
At Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan Tuesday, plenty of folks rolled up their sleeves for the cause.
Blood donations were down in June and the first week of July.
The Red Cross is hoping by getting the word out, so donations will go up.
Donations typically slow down in the summer when regular donors go on vacation.
If you want to donate blood to the red cross, check out locations:
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 50 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 35 min ago
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 39 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 21 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 4 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 9 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
21 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos