Red Cross requests donations after down month
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The American Red Cross is asking people to get into the spirit of giving now.
The organization has issued an emergency call for blood and platelet donors of all blood types.
And what better way to get people's attention than holding a blood drive.
At Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan Tuesday, plenty of folks rolled up their sleeves for the cause.
Blood donations were down in June and the first week of July.
The Red Cross is hoping by getting the word out, so donations will go up.
Donations typically slow down in the summer when regular donors go on vacation.
If you want to donate blood to the red cross, check out locations:
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 50 min ago
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village