Getting paid to lose weight
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Five Jersey girls with bags in tow aren't headed down to the shore. They're on a mission to lose weight.
Really pushing yourself and others to lose weight and win cash. That's what the HealthyWage program is all about.
Jimmy Flemming is the co-founder of the program. Participants can sign up online or through their employer for one of three challenges.
The most popular challenge: the match up. It's a $75 dollar, three month program. The team that loses the highest percentage of weight wins ten thousand dollars.
There are two other programs: double or nothing is an individual program. For $150 fee, lose 10% of your weight in six months win $300.
In the BMI challenge, win up to one thousand dollars if go from a BMI of 30 to 25.
Between all of the challenges, HealthyWage has awarded more than 430-thousand dollars in prizes.
Learn more about how it works at www.healthywage.com
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
diet, dieting, health news, darla miles
- 3 lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Bipolar teen missing from Suffolk County
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen