Getting paid to lose weight
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Five Jersey girls with bags in tow aren't headed down to the shore. They're on a mission to lose weight.
Really pushing yourself and others to lose weight and win cash. That's what the HealthyWage program is all about.
Jimmy Flemming is the co-founder of the program. Participants can sign up online or through their employer for one of three challenges.
The most popular challenge: the match up. It's a $75 dollar, three month program. The team that loses the highest percentage of weight wins ten thousand dollars.
There are two other programs: double or nothing is an individual program. For $150 fee, lose 10% of your weight in six months win $300.
In the BMI challenge, win up to one thousand dollars if go from a BMI of 30 to 25.
Between all of the challenges, HealthyWage has awarded more than 430-thousand dollars in prizes.
Learn more about how it works at www.healthywage.com
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
diet, dieting, health news, darla miles
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos