Getting paid to lose weight
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Five Jersey girls with bags in tow aren't headed down to the shore. They're on a mission to lose weight.
Really pushing yourself and others to lose weight and win cash. That's what the HealthyWage program is all about.
Jimmy Flemming is the co-founder of the program. Participants can sign up online or through their employer for one of three challenges.
The most popular challenge: the match up. It's a $75 dollar, three month program. The team that loses the highest percentage of weight wins ten thousand dollars.
There are two other programs: double or nothing is an individual program. For $150 fee, lose 10% of your weight in six months win $300.
In the BMI challenge, win up to one thousand dollars if go from a BMI of 30 to 25.
Between all of the challenges, HealthyWage has awarded more than 430-thousand dollars in prizes.
Learn more about how it works at www.healthywage.com
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
diet, dieting, health news, darla miles
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
12 min ago