Study links plastic plates to kidney stones
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There are new and potentially serious concerns for people who use plastic plates.
New research out of Taiwan suggests eating hot food on plates or out of bowls made of Melamine could increase your risk of developing kidney stones.
The study shows heat increases the amount of melamine released into the food.
The plastic has previously been linked to kidney stones.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, health news
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies 17 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine 4 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning 12 min ago
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 11 min ago
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon 1 min ago
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim 44 min ago
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos