Study links plastic plates to kidney stones
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There are new and potentially serious concerns for people who use plastic plates.
New research out of Taiwan suggests eating hot food on plates or out of bowls made of Melamine could increase your risk of developing kidney stones.
The study shows heat increases the amount of melamine released into the food.
The plastic has previously been linked to kidney stones.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, health news
- Snow moves out, bitter cold moves in
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- New Jersey gets hit with another dose of snow 11 min ago
- Long Island gets through snow blast 29 min ago
- Snow leaves little accumulation throughout NYC 35 min ago
- Off-duty officer killed in Queens after crashing into storefront
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro
- Justin Bieber visits Philippine typhoon victims
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Snow leaves little accumulation throughout...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos