Study links plastic plates to kidney stones
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There are new and potentially serious concerns for people who use plastic plates.
New research out of Taiwan suggests eating hot food on plates or out of bowls made of Melamine could increase your risk of developing kidney stones.
The study shows heat increases the amount of melamine released into the food.
The plastic has previously been linked to kidney stones.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, health news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos