Study links plastic plates to kidney stones
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There are new and potentially serious concerns for people who use plastic plates.
New research out of Taiwan suggests eating hot food on plates or out of bowls made of Melamine could increase your risk of developing kidney stones.
The study shows heat increases the amount of melamine released into the food.
The plastic has previously been linked to kidney stones.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, health news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos