Fight off the flu with healthy eating
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Health officials recommend flu shots to avoid getting sick, but what you eat may help keep you healthy as well.
Nutritionists say a strong immune system can help fight off the flu bug.
Dietitians recommend protein rich foods such as seafood, eggs and lean meat.
Vitamin C, found in citrus fruits, triggers the production of immune-boosting antibodies.
Vitamin E, found in peanut butter and spinach, is an antioxidant that can help the immune system.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, health news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 22 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 1 min ago
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 25 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos