Fight off the flu with healthy eating
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Health officials recommend flu shots to avoid getting sick, but what you eat may help keep you healthy as well.
Nutritionists say a strong immune system can help fight off the flu bug.
Dietitians recommend protein rich foods such as seafood, eggs and lean meat.
Vitamin C, found in citrus fruits, triggers the production of immune-boosting antibodies.
Vitamin E, found in peanut butter and spinach, is an antioxidant that can help the immune system.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, health news
- LIRR train derails in East River tunnel
- AccuWeather Forecast: Spotty Storm
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Victim of attempted robbery falls out window
- Suspect shot and killed in Newark robbery attempt
- Teacher suspended after alleged sending threatening voicemail
- Passenger arrested after incident on Newark-bound flight
- LI 7-Eleven owners accused of human smuggling
- NYC plans composting program to recycle food scraps
- abcnews: Murnaghans Face Backlash After Sarah's Lung...
- Actor Jeff Garlin won't face vandalism charges in LA
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos