New report shows cancer rates down
NEW YORK (WABC) -- There's good news in the fight against cancer.
The death rate from cancer has fallen 20%, since it peaked in 1991.
A report released Thursday from the American Cancer Society shows even larger death rate declines in breast, lung and prostate cancer.
The report tributes the change to a decline in smoking, earlier detection and better treatments.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, cancer, health news
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 41 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014