Migraines and heart attack risk
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Women who suffer from a certain kind of migraine could be at higher risk for heart attacks.
Researchers in France studied women with aura migraines, the ones with flashes of light.
They found that this kind of headache is a contributor to heart attacks and strokes.
It's unclear at this point why these migraine sufferers are at higher risk.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, health news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos