Migraines and heart attack risk
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Women who suffer from a certain kind of migraine could be at higher risk for heart attacks.
Researchers in France studied women with aura migraines, the ones with flashes of light.
They found that this kind of headache is a contributor to heart attacks and strokes.
It's unclear at this point why these migraine sufferers are at higher risk.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, health news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma