Migraines and heart attack risk
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Women who suffer from a certain kind of migraine could be at higher risk for heart attacks.
Researchers in France studied women with aura migraines, the ones with flashes of light.
They found that this kind of headache is a contributor to heart attacks and strokes.
It's unclear at this point why these migraine sufferers are at higher risk.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, health news
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 11 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 22 min ago
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos