Migraines and heart attack risk
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Women who suffer from a certain kind of migraine could be at higher risk for heart attacks.
Researchers in France studied women with aura migraines, the ones with flashes of light.
They found that this kind of headache is a contributor to heart attacks and strokes.
It's unclear at this point why these migraine sufferers are at higher risk.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, health news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out 53 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face 10 min ago
- Russians, Crimeans discuss referendum on joining Russia
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game'...
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos