Migraines and heart attack risk
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Women who suffer from a certain kind of migraine could be at higher risk for heart attacks.
Researchers in France studied women with aura migraines, the ones with flashes of light.
They found that this kind of headache is a contributor to heart attacks and strokes.
It's unclear at this point why these migraine sufferers are at higher risk.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
health alert, health news
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots! 29 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Boy injured in Mount Olive sledding accident
- Off-duty officer killed in Queens after crashing into storefront
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- New Jersey gets hit with another dose of snow
- Long Island gets through snow blast
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
29 min ago