New study says you can tweet your way thin
SOUTH CAROLINA (WABC) -- A compelling new study says you can tweet your way thin.
Nearly 100 overweight men and women were divided into two groups for a six-month weight-loss program.
The group that posted the updates and got feedback about their weight loss on twitter lost more weight than the group that didn't.
In fact, researchers at the University of South Carolina found every ten posts to twitter equaled a fraction of a pound in weight loss.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
twitter, weight loss, health alert, health news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- Firefighters battle Washington Heights building fire
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News 45 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Here and Now