New study says you can tweet your way thin
SOUTH CAROLINA (WABC) -- A compelling new study says you can tweet your way thin.
Nearly 100 overweight men and women were divided into two groups for a six-month weight-loss program.
The group that posted the updates and got feedback about their weight loss on twitter lost more weight than the group that didn't.
In fact, researchers at the University of South Carolina found every ten posts to twitter equaled a fraction of a pound in weight loss.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
twitter, weight loss, health alert, health news
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Death toll rises to 13 in Mount Everest...
54 min ago