New study says you can tweet your way thin
SOUTH CAROLINA (WABC) -- A compelling new study says you can tweet your way thin.
Nearly 100 overweight men and women were divided into two groups for a six-month weight-loss program.
The group that posted the updates and got feedback about their weight loss on twitter lost more weight than the group that didn't.
In fact, researchers at the University of South Carolina found every ten posts to twitter equaled a fraction of a pound in weight loss.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
twitter, weight loss, health alert, health news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 22 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority 31 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 39 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
18 min ago