Zicam Nasal Gel recalled over contamination
NEW YORK -- One lot of Zicam Extreme Congestion Relief nasal gel has been recalled by its manufacturer after routine testing revealed Burkholderia cepacia bacteria in a sample, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration reported.
The company, Matrixx Initiatives, said the affected lot had been distributed nationwide. The lot consists of 0.5-ounce spray bottles containing a nondrip liquid, in cartons labeled with NDC number 62750-005-10, lot number 2J23, with an expiration date of September 2015.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend 7 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Investigation after police shoot suspect in Conn.
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore 2 min ago
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile