Zicam Nasal Gel recalled over contamination
NEW YORK -- One lot of Zicam Extreme Congestion Relief nasal gel has been recalled by its manufacturer after routine testing revealed Burkholderia cepacia bacteria in a sample, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration reported.
The company, Matrixx Initiatives, said the affected lot had been distributed nationwide. The lot consists of 0.5-ounce spray bottles containing a nondrip liquid, in cartons labeled with NDC number 62750-005-10, lot number 2J23, with an expiration date of September 2015.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76 21 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 24 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos