Do women or men have a better chance of reaching 100?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Women have a better chance of reaching the century mark than men.
According to Census data, fewer than 2 percent of Americans are 100 or older. Of that group, 80 percent are women.
Studies suggest that the disparity is because women handle age-related diseases better than men.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos