Do women or men have a better chance of reaching 100?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Women have a better chance of reaching the century mark than men.
According to Census data, fewer than 2 percent of Americans are 100 or older. Of that group, 80 percent are women.
Studies suggest that the disparity is because women handle age-related diseases better than men.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ