Do women or men have a better chance of reaching 100?
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Women have a better chance of reaching the century mark than men.
According to Census data, fewer than 2 percent of Americans are 100 or older. Of that group, 80 percent are women.
Studies suggest that the disparity is because women handle age-related diseases better than men.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,... 2 min ago
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack 40 min ago
- Firebomb may have been used on police captain's home 23 min ago
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal 54 min ago
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars 12 min ago