Brittany Murphy was poisoned, dad says
LOS ANGELES, CA -- There are new questions in the death of actress Brittany Murphy. The original coroner's report said she died of natural causes but, according to ABC News, a new toxicology test indicates she may have been poisoned.
Murphy's father told Good Morning America that there was something suspicious about his daughter's death.
"I have a feeling there's definitely a murder situation here," Murphy's father, Angelo Bertolotti, told GMA. "It's poison."
Murphy was found unconscious in her LA home back in 2009 and died soon after. The coroner noted the death was from acquired pneumonia, iron deficiency anemia and that she was weakened by her perscription medication. But in court papers filed by her father, he points out the coroner never tested her hair.
Then five months later, Murphy's husband died under similar conditions.
And now a new toxicology report ordered by Murphy's father reveals results that may support his claim.
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 25 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Dead cats found in bags hanging from tree in Yonkers 38 min ago
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building 31 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos