Brittany Murphy was poisoned, dad says
LOS ANGELES, CA -- There are new questions in the death of actress Brittany Murphy. The original coroner's report said she died of natural causes but, according to ABC News, a new toxicology test indicates she may have been poisoned.
Murphy's father told Good Morning America that there was something suspicious about his daughter's death.
"I have a feeling there's definitely a murder situation here," Murphy's father, Angelo Bertolotti, told GMA. "It's poison."
Murphy was found unconscious in her LA home back in 2009 and died soon after. The coroner noted the death was from acquired pneumonia, iron deficiency anemia and that she was weakened by her perscription medication. But in court papers filed by her father, he points out the coroner never tested her hair.
Then five months later, Murphy's husband died under similar conditions.
And now a new toxicology report ordered by Murphy's father reveals results that may support his claim.
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 53 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 31 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus 41 min ago
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl 49 min ago
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn 42 min ago
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia 7 min ago
- Backpacks left at Boaston marathon finish...
56 min ago
- Community rallies around 13-year-old victim...
43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
31 min ago
- Party bus goes very awry on Long Island
42 min ago
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos