Olympus Has Fallen, The Croods, Admission - Sandy Kenyon's Reviews
NEW YORK (WABC) -- I found two new movies I like and one that's just okay. The first is in the tradition of disaster movies like "Independence Day" and "Armageddon."
Olympus is the code-name give to the White House by the secret service and now Olympus Has Fallen.
If you are in the mood for some mindless fun, this movie might be for you, provided you don't care that none of this could happen in real life.
The president played by Aaron Eckhardt is held hostage by terrorists in his own home with only 1 agent, played by Gerard Butler, standing in the way of a psycho who wants to nuke the United States and re-unite North and South Korea under his control.
Morgan Freeman stars as the acting president. Angela Bassett is the head of the secret service in a violent popcorn movie that will leave many of you cheering while the film snobs will be sneering, but i had a good time.
"The Croods" are like 'The Flintstones' - a modern Stone Age family. Not from bedrock, but still a page right out of history.
The voice of the big man is provided by Nicholas Cage, his headstrong daughter by Emma Stone, and the boy who brings them fire is voiced by Ryan Reynolds.
I had a good time watching "The Croods" in 3-D and I think you will too, especially if you have pre-teens and young teens to take with you.
I can see why Tina Fey said yes to determining who gets in to Princeton. "Admission" is based on a novel by a woman who used to have this job.
Getting in has never been so tough so the comic possibilities should be obvious especially with Lily Tomlin playing her mom.
What started as a satire then flirts with being a romantic comedy and "Admission" ends up being-neither, but the picture has a lot of heart and i will watch Tina Fey in anything.
If you agree about any of this and especially if you don't: tweet me and tell me @sandykenyon7.
movie, movie review, entertainment, sandy kenyon
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded 4 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later 25 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary 58 min ago