Census: Male nurses making more than women nurses
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's a profession dominated by women, nursing.
And while numbers show more men are entering the profession, they are still earning more money than women.
The pay comparison study comes from the census, concluding that male nurses make 16% than women nurses in the same job.
But this is illegal, points out Brian Schaffer, an attorney very successful at suing for unfair pay.
He says go to human resources and ask how much the male nurses are making compared to you, and document that you did.
"There can be no retailiation for raising such questions," said Schaffer.
Schaffer adds there are places where men and women are paid the same. A lot of them are companies run by or owned by women.
We went to talk to the president of National Organization for Women in New York City who points out that male nurses making 16% more than women nurses beats the national average.
For every dollar a man makes, a woman still makes only 77 cents.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
business, michelle charlesworth
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Charges expected in fraternity death 11 min ago
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing 30 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Charges expected in fraternity death
11 min ago
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
1 min ago