Census: Male nurses making more than women nurses
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's a profession dominated by women, nursing.
And while numbers show more men are entering the profession, they are still earning more money than women.
The pay comparison study comes from the census, concluding that male nurses make 16% than women nurses in the same job.
But this is illegal, points out Brian Schaffer, an attorney very successful at suing for unfair pay.
He says go to human resources and ask how much the male nurses are making compared to you, and document that you did.
"There can be no retailiation for raising such questions," said Schaffer.
Schaffer adds there are places where men and women are paid the same. A lot of them are companies run by or owned by women.
We went to talk to the president of National Organization for Women in New York City who points out that male nurses making 16% more than women nurses beats the national average.
For every dollar a man makes, a woman still makes only 77 cents.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
business, michelle charlesworth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect identified in attempted baby abduction
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes 54 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 1 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull 49 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
45 min ago