7 On Your Side
Mrs. Volpe's pasta, gravy and meatballs recipe
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Mrs. Volpe shared her famous pasta and meatball recipe with 7 On Your Side!
Mrs. Volpe's Homemade Pasta and Meatball Gravy
For the Homemade Pasta:
2 cups Regular Flour
1 cup Semolina Flour
Put in food processor, if it's crinkly add a little more flour, if it's too hard add a drop of water. Just a drop so it forms a nice dough.
Knead a little bit, put it through your Kitchen Aid attachment to flatten or roll and cut into shapes.
To cook the pasta, add to boiling water. It's done in 3 minutes to al dente. Homemade fresh pasta cooks in much less time than boxed pasta. So don't overcook!
For the Homemade Gravy:
Canned Crushed tomatoes, (Tuttorosso or Cento is Mrs. Volpe's favorite brands)
Half of cup red wine
Half of teaspoon of Garlic Powder
Sautee diced onion in Olive Oil, add the Crushed Tomatoes and Sausage and let it cook all together.
Simmer 2-3 hours, stir so it doesn't burn on the bottom every 20 minutes or so. When the oil comes to the top it's done.
For the Meatballs:
A handful of Parmagiano cheese
1 cup Breadcrumbs
1 lb of Ground Beef
Mix together and form balls, sauté a little in oil and add to sauce.
CONNECT WITH NINA PINEDA AND 7 ON YOUR SIDE
7 on your side, nina pineda
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 40 min ago
- Violence in Bronx leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt 2 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
28 min ago