7 On Your Side
The team with no uniforms
CALDWELL (WABC) -- Students at a catholic high school put their faith in a local vendor for team outfits that never arrived.
Only in it's 3rd year of existence the Field Hockey Team at Mt. St. Dominic's Academy in New Jersey wanted nothing more this season than to show off their spirit to the other sports teams which have brought the school fame and glory.
"I put 2 hours in at practice every day and no one even knew I was playing the sport, because I didn't have any clothing," Lauren Callahan said.
They never got the chance to wear their pride because the custom made jackets sweatshirt and practice outfits many of the kids ordered and paid for on their own, never arrived.
"It's upsetting because I like to wear my stuff and I like to represent my team, especially when you see the other teams at our school wearing their clothes, representing their teams," Meghan Herbert, field hockey player, said.
Team coach Elizabeth Gennaro instructed her team to place orders online with Wolf Head Athletics in Short Hills back in August
"He said two weeks from the end of August. He had every excuse as to why he didn't have the clothes - printing problems, and then he stopped answering completely," she said.
That's when she got worried, because the girls had each forked over a lot of money - $1,600 from the entire team.
So coach blew the whistle on Wolfhead and called us. The owner blamed the hurricane and said he had a family emergency as well as manufacturer problems.
But after 2 weeks we got involved, the order was finally ready. It was too late for seniors on the team to wear for the season, but they can still show off their spirit for the rest of the school year, and the girls got partial refunds to boot!
CONNECT WITH NINA PINEDA AND 7 ON YOUR SIDE
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
7 on your side, nina pineda
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 6 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- New Jersey black bear hunt set for Monday
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash 13 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
28 min ago
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos