7 On Your Side
Did jeweler skips town with woman's ring?
HUNTINGTON (WABC) -- Almost a half year of broken promises had Bari Hertz worried.
She gave a unique silver snake ring with turquoise and coral stones to her husband, Bob, three decades ago on his 30th birthday.
The ring, designed by an artist of the Zuni Indian tribe, had been on Bob's finger for thirty years. After the snake head broke off, she brought the ring to Mystic Warrior, a Huntington store specializing in Native American art and jewelry.
"I thought who better that this gentlemen because he has a lot of Indian jewelry in his store," said Bari, "he says I'm going to send it to the Zuni tribe in New Mexico."
Bari says the store owner promised to have the ring back 3 months later in time for her husband's 60th birthday, but soon later, the store was completely gone, with no forwarding address and no sign.
Just weeks before, they say the owner assured them he was still working on their ring after they received an email announcing a going out of business sale.
Bari still cannot get an answer on the whereabouts of the ring, so Eyewitness News got in touch with Mystic Warrior's owner.
Just days later, the mystery was solved and the ring was finally reunited with its rightful owner.
The storeowner would not say why the Hertz's ring was delayed. However, he did say the ring, sent to a reservation in New Mexico usually takes about 8 months to turn around for repairs.
CONNECT WITH NINA PINEDA AND 7 ON YOUR SIDE
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
huntington, suffolk county, long island, 7 on your side, nina pineda
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 7 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 29 min ago
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
18 min ago
7online News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos