Everything seems to happen here
March 18, 2013 (WABC) -- Ya gotta love New York City, right? What doesn't happen here?
Everything happens here. Half a dozen members of the NYPD - including at least 3 cops - have been arrested since Friday for various and sundry crimes - from alleged drunk driving, to charges of leaving the scene of an accident, to allegations of setting up a surveillance camera to spy on a female neighbor in her bedroom.
And then there's the elementary school principal causing quite a stir for starting in a violent gangster movie. She's supposed to be a role model, but her role as a gangster queen in "Surrender, Gangster Girl" is something of a problem for folks at PS132 in the Morrisania section of the Bronx. In the film, there's beatings and shootings and rape and xxx-language. Charming.
We'll have the latest on all the shenanigans, tonight at 11.
Also at 11, just a couple of days before spring, and here comes winter. Again. Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's tracking a storm that will leave many of us with snow, the rest with rain.
We're also on the streets of New York City, judging just how fast drivers are going in a metropolis where the speed limit is 30 miles per hour. How many people actually go that speed? We're going to find out tonight, and it has added meaning given the growing sentiment to install speed enforcement cameras to New York City. So what do you think? Jeff Pegues is on the roads for us tonight at 11.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos