February 26, 2013 (WABC) -- I am overwhelmed with warmth. That's the only way to describe the feeling from all these people on social media wishing me happy birthday. I guess my birth date is written somewhere, right? How else do so many people know this?
Anyway, that's my feeling. Warmth. So thank you to all the great friends I know well and those I know less well for the best-wishes. I'm feeling high from it, and that's a good thing.
I'm a lucky guy - 3 kids, a wonderful mate. And I'm thinking how my mom and dad would have enjoyed all this; if only they could have gotten a glimpse of what they've yielded; if only they could have known, in that hospital in Los Angeles, all that they have spawned.
Dang, I wish they were here.
So, with my birthday as the backdrop, on to tonight's 11 p.m. newscast.
We start with Meteorologist Lee Goldberg, who's tracking yet another storm moving through our area tonight. Rain mostly, but some areas may get a bit of snow. His AccuWeather forecast will break it out the timing.
Also at 11, legalized gambling over the Internet - that's the bill legislators in New Jersey sent to Gov. Christie today. And he's likely to sign it. Is more gambling what society needs? Is more revenue what New Jersey needs? We break it down for you tonight, thanks to our Jim Dolan.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box 48 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act