Second time around
January 21, 2013 (WABC) -- From my perch, Pres. Obama was more combative and assertive than he's ever been in a non-campaign speech.
His second inaugural speech was less the big-over-arching clarion call of his first, and more a call to action to do something NOW. He chided those who confuse name-calling with reasoned debate, and offered that the great choices facing us don't involve pitting the older generation against the younger.
It was a toned down affair, compared to the inauguration four years ago - a fraction of the cost, and a fraction of the people attending, although there were still some half million who jammed the mall to hear the President, and some great music by James Taylor, Beyonce and Kelly Clarkston.
Our Lori Stokes and Dave Evans are in D.C. and will have coverage, tonight at 11.
Also at 11, Meteorologist Lee Goldberg is tracking the storm that's coming tonight. It will drop a bit of snow on some, and then, for all of us, bring a huge drop of temps. The coldest of the season so far.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Diana Williams (in for Sade Baderinwa) and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 34 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players 51 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85 16 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos