Second time around
January 21, 2013 (WABC) -- From my perch, Pres. Obama was more combative and assertive than he's ever been in a non-campaign speech.
His second inaugural speech was less the big-over-arching clarion call of his first, and more a call to action to do something NOW. He chided those who confuse name-calling with reasoned debate, and offered that the great choices facing us don't involve pitting the older generation against the younger.
It was a toned down affair, compared to the inauguration four years ago - a fraction of the cost, and a fraction of the people attending, although there were still some half million who jammed the mall to hear the President, and some great music by James Taylor, Beyonce and Kelly Clarkston.
Our Lori Stokes and Dave Evans are in D.C. and will have coverage, tonight at 11.
Also at 11, Meteorologist Lee Goldberg is tracking the storm that's coming tonight. It will drop a bit of snow on some, and then, for all of us, bring a huge drop of temps. The coldest of the season so far.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Diana Williams (in for Sade Baderinwa) and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Nekisia Davis' mom, Cheryl, stole a 1993 Honda Accord - and she didn't even mean to. 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Burlington County woman charged with trying to kill her 3...
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 28 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 25 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos