Second time around
January 21, 2013 (WABC) -- From my perch, Pres. Obama was more combative and assertive than he's ever been in a non-campaign speech.
His second inaugural speech was less the big-over-arching clarion call of his first, and more a call to action to do something NOW. He chided those who confuse name-calling with reasoned debate, and offered that the great choices facing us don't involve pitting the older generation against the younger.
It was a toned down affair, compared to the inauguration four years ago - a fraction of the cost, and a fraction of the people attending, although there were still some half million who jammed the mall to hear the President, and some great music by James Taylor, Beyonce and Kelly Clarkston.
Our Lori Stokes and Dave Evans are in D.C. and will have coverage, tonight at 11.
Also at 11, Meteorologist Lee Goldberg is tracking the storm that's coming tonight. It will drop a bit of snow on some, and then, for all of us, bring a huge drop of temps. The coldest of the season so far.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Diana Williams (in for Sade Baderinwa) and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- UK: Victim in London attack was serving soldier 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 58 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Crash, car fire causing delays on the LIE 22 min ago
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
58 min ago