Day of violence
December 10, 2012 (WABC) -- Sometimes I just want to scream, with all the violence in what is supposed to be the safest big city in the country.
We're on three stories that make me want to shout out: A young man was shot and killed near Columbus Circle on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, shot in the head by someone who stopped a car, fired, and then drove off; another elderly woman was attacked in her elevator, this time in the West Village (last week it was an 83-year-old woman in Chelsea); and a well-respected member of the ultra Orthodox Jewish community in Brooklyn was convicted today of 60 counts of sexually attacking a young girl who was sent to him for counseling. Erggggggg.
We're on all three stories, tonight at 11.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Jeff Smith (in for Lee Goldberg) and Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Liz Cho (in for Sade Baderinwa) and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos