Trouble in the Middle East
November 14, 2012 (WABC) -- Don't look now but the Middle East is blowing up. Literally.
Israel today launched a huge assault on Gaza, attacking at least 20 targets from the air, including one that hit the top military commander of Hamas. The results are devastating - the pictures are everywhere.
So now the fallout. Egypt is ticked. Is Israel also testing Iran? And Pres. Obama?
Interestingly, some of the verbal shoving is taking place on Twitter.
The Israeli Defense Force tweeted "We recommend that no Hamas operatives, whether low level or senior leaders, show their faces above ground in the days ahead."
Which prompted Hamas' al Qassam Brigades to respond: "Our blessed hands will reach your leaders and soldiers wherever they are (You Opened Hell Gates on Yourselves)."
We'll have the latest in this terrifying escalation, tonight at 11.
We're also on Staten Island tonight, ahead of Pres. Obama's visit tomorrow to view the devastation from Hurricane Sandy. And we're back in the Rockaways, where FEMA workers have showed up, after our story aired last night at 11 about families living in despicable conditions after the storm.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's AccuWeather forecast - more rain next week? - and Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia