Trouble in the Middle East
November 14, 2012 (WABC) -- Don't look now but the Middle East is blowing up. Literally.
Israel today launched a huge assault on Gaza, attacking at least 20 targets from the air, including one that hit the top military commander of Hamas. The results are devastating - the pictures are everywhere.
So now the fallout. Egypt is ticked. Is Israel also testing Iran? And Pres. Obama?
Interestingly, some of the verbal shoving is taking place on Twitter.
The Israeli Defense Force tweeted "We recommend that no Hamas operatives, whether low level or senior leaders, show their faces above ground in the days ahead."
Which prompted Hamas' al Qassam Brigades to respond: "Our blessed hands will reach your leaders and soldiers wherever they are (You Opened Hell Gates on Yourselves)."
We'll have the latest in this terrifying escalation, tonight at 11.
We're also on Staten Island tonight, ahead of Pres. Obama's visit tomorrow to view the devastation from Hurricane Sandy. And we're back in the Rockaways, where FEMA workers have showed up, after our story aired last night at 11 about families living in despicable conditions after the storm.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's AccuWeather forecast - more rain next week? - and Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 26 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Dead cats found in bags hanging from tree in Yonkers 39 min ago
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building 32 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos