Trouble in the Middle East
November 14, 2012 (WABC) -- Don't look now but the Middle East is blowing up. Literally.
Israel today launched a huge assault on Gaza, attacking at least 20 targets from the air, including one that hit the top military commander of Hamas. The results are devastating - the pictures are everywhere.
So now the fallout. Egypt is ticked. Is Israel also testing Iran? And Pres. Obama?
Interestingly, some of the verbal shoving is taking place on Twitter.
The Israeli Defense Force tweeted "We recommend that no Hamas operatives, whether low level or senior leaders, show their faces above ground in the days ahead."
Which prompted Hamas' al Qassam Brigades to respond: "Our blessed hands will reach your leaders and soldiers wherever they are (You Opened Hell Gates on Yourselves)."
We'll have the latest in this terrifying escalation, tonight at 11.
We're also on Staten Island tonight, ahead of Pres. Obama's visit tomorrow to view the devastation from Hurricane Sandy. And we're back in the Rockaways, where FEMA workers have showed up, after our story aired last night at 11 about families living in despicable conditions after the storm.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's AccuWeather forecast - more rain next week? - and Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 33 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village 46 min ago
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos