A deadly police-involved shooting
October 4, 2012 (WABC) -- They are the elite of the elite of the NYPD, and tonight some of their members are under the spotlight - and not for the heroics they usually engage in.
A cop with the Emergency Services Unit shot and killed a 22-year-old man early this morning - and by early I mean 5:15 a.m. - during a traffic stop on the Grand Central Parkway near LaGuardia Airport.
The driver was not armed.
In the back seat were two women - one an off-duty New York cop who was asleep, and the other a bartender at the club where the other two had apparently just left.
The info sheet from the NYPD was - what's the right word? - rather detail-less. But there are certainly more than enough questions to fill several info sheets. Jim Dolan is on this disturbing story for us, tonight at 11.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Amy Freeze (in for Lee Goldberg) with her AccuWeather forecast, and Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos