A deadly police-involved shooting
October 4, 2012 (WABC) -- They are the elite of the elite of the NYPD, and tonight some of their members are under the spotlight - and not for the heroics they usually engage in.
A cop with the Emergency Services Unit shot and killed a 22-year-old man early this morning - and by early I mean 5:15 a.m. - during a traffic stop on the Grand Central Parkway near LaGuardia Airport.
The driver was not armed.
In the back seat were two women - one an off-duty New York cop who was asleep, and the other a bartender at the club where the other two had apparently just left.
The info sheet from the NYPD was - what's the right word? - rather detail-less. But there are certainly more than enough questions to fill several info sheets. Jim Dolan is on this disturbing story for us, tonight at 11.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Amy Freeze (in for Lee Goldberg) with her AccuWeather forecast, and Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 4 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
4 min ago