A deadly police-involved shooting
October 4, 2012 (WABC) -- They are the elite of the elite of the NYPD, and tonight some of their members are under the spotlight - and not for the heroics they usually engage in.
A cop with the Emergency Services Unit shot and killed a 22-year-old man early this morning - and by early I mean 5:15 a.m. - during a traffic stop on the Grand Central Parkway near LaGuardia Airport.
The driver was not armed.
In the back seat were two women - one an off-duty New York cop who was asleep, and the other a bartender at the club where the other two had apparently just left.
The info sheet from the NYPD was - what's the right word? - rather detail-less. But there are certainly more than enough questions to fill several info sheets. Jim Dolan is on this disturbing story for us, tonight at 11.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Amy Freeze (in for Lee Goldberg) with her AccuWeather forecast, and Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb? 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid 22 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor 35 min ago
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- AAA: 31.2M drivers to take Memorial Day road trip
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos