A deadly police-involved shooting
October 4, 2012 (WABC) -- They are the elite of the elite of the NYPD, and tonight some of their members are under the spotlight - and not for the heroics they usually engage in.
A cop with the Emergency Services Unit shot and killed a 22-year-old man early this morning - and by early I mean 5:15 a.m. - during a traffic stop on the Grand Central Parkway near LaGuardia Airport.
The driver was not armed.
In the back seat were two women - one an off-duty New York cop who was asleep, and the other a bartender at the club where the other two had apparently just left.
The info sheet from the NYPD was - what's the right word? - rather detail-less. But there are certainly more than enough questions to fill several info sheets. Jim Dolan is on this disturbing story for us, tonight at 11.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Amy Freeze (in for Lee Goldberg) with her AccuWeather forecast, and Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 7 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 29 min ago
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos