October 3, 2012 (WABC) -- Is it a sign of the times? A professor at Purdue University has been studying for several years the micro-muscle face movements of Barack Obama and Mitt Romney and guess what's discovered? That both men have a hard time "connecting" with their audience with their faces.
For tonight's debate, the professor is using facial recognition technology to determine when the candidates' emotions are "out of sync" with their words.
Fascinating, right? But it's also telling that each candidate has a difficult time "connecting."
The debate's at 9 - and you can see it on Ch. 7, on 7online and on our iPad app. Then, at 11, we'll have highlights from the first debate, and we're going to take a closer look at how folks are communicating their opinions about the performances over social media.
Also at 11, another iPhone robbery - this time at a PATH Station in New York. A woman from Jersey City beaten and robbed - and the whole thing was captured on surveillance video. One out of 7 crimes so far this year in New York City have involved Apple products.
And under the scumbag-of-the-day crime: Two men walked into a 7-Eleven store in Scarsdale and took the Muscular Dystrophy donation box at the counter. Really.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's AccuWeather forecast, and Rob Powers with the night's sports, including the Yankees last-day attempt to clinch the division title.
I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11, right after the debates.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers investigated 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 56 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment 12 min ago
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt 18 min ago
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Jet may have turned; 2 passengers...
44 min ago