Bay Area Traffic
GG Bridge officials delay electronic toll switch
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Toll takers on the Golden Gate Bridge will have at least an extra month on the job.
Bridge officials say the debut of electronic tolls on the Golden Gate Bridge has been pushed back to March.
The tolls, which are in addition to FasTrak, will replace the worker. But first more testing needs to be done.
Officials say using electronic tolls only could save an estimated $19 million over the next eight years.
fastrak, golden gate bridge, bay area traffic
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday