Bay Area Traffic
GG Bridge officials delay electronic toll switch
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Toll takers on the Golden Gate Bridge will have at least an extra month on the job.
Bridge officials say the debut of electronic tolls on the Golden Gate Bridge has been pushed back to March.
The tolls, which are in addition to FasTrak, will replace the worker. But first more testing needs to be done.
Officials say using electronic tolls only could save an estimated $19 million over the next eight years.
fastrak, golden gate bridge, bay area traffic
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found 6 min ago
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88 28 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 20 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- 1 dead, 3 injured in North Richmond shooting 39 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs 11 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law 51 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
20 min ago