Bay Area Traffic
GG Bridge officials delay electronic toll switch
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Toll takers on the Golden Gate Bridge will have at least an extra month on the job.
Bridge officials say the debut of electronic tolls on the Golden Gate Bridge has been pushed back to March.
The tolls, which are in addition to FasTrak, will replace the worker. But first more testing needs to be done.
Officials say using electronic tolls only could save an estimated $19 million over the next eight years.
fastrak, golden gate bridge, bay area traffic
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick 16 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 14 min ago
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting 10 min ago
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion