Bay Area Traffic
GG Bridge officials delay electronic toll switch
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Toll takers on the Golden Gate Bridge will have at least an extra month on the job.
Bridge officials say the debut of electronic tolls on the Golden Gate Bridge has been pushed back to March.
The tolls, which are in addition to FasTrak, will replace the worker. But first more testing needs to be done.
Officials say using electronic tolls only could save an estimated $19 million over the next eight years.
fastrak, golden gate bridge, bay area traffic
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race 4 min ago
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF 2 min ago
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind
- Elderly woman with Alzheimer's missing in Palo Alto
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- PG&E disputes record fine for San Bruno blast
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained 43 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday