Bay Area Traffic
Golden Gate Bridge phasing out toll workers
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Toll collectors on the Golden Gate Bridge will soon be a thing of the past.
The crossing from Marin County in to San Francisco will be an all-electronic process by February of next year.
Drivers will have the option of using FasTrak, as many do now, or a license plate identity system that allows for paying cash up two days after crossing the bridge.
fastrak, golden gate bridge, bay area traffic
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Muni driver honored for actions after shooting
- City says 'parklet' in Haight-Ashbury must go
- Man arrested after fatal crash in San Jose
- 6-year-old Union City boy mauled by dog
- 2 wildfires burning in Central Sierra foothills
- Charges filed against man in naked BART attack
- Caltrain reopens after police talk man off ledge
- Bicyclist struck, killed by hit-and-run driver
- Patient attacks nurse at Napa State Hospital
- Flooding renews call for new Oakland A's stadium
- abcnews: Putin accused of stealing Super Bowl ring
- roundup: Burglaries in Livermore; Cabbie robs fare
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday