Bay Area Traffic
Golden Gate Bridge phasing out toll workers
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Toll collectors on the Golden Gate Bridge will soon be a thing of the past.
The crossing from Marin County in to San Francisco will be an all-electronic process by February of next year.
Drivers will have the option of using FasTrak, as many do now, or a license plate identity system that allows for paying cash up two days after crossing the bridge.
fastrak, golden gate bridge, bay area traffic
- US Navy sends destroyer to help in plane search 1 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF 31 min ago
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US 11 min ago
- 49ers Jim Harbaugh ready for start of free agency
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case