Bay Area Traffic
Golden Gate Bridge phasing out toll workers
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Toll collectors on the Golden Gate Bridge will soon be a thing of the past.
The crossing from Marin County in to San Francisco will be an all-electronic process by February of next year.
Drivers will have the option of using FasTrak, as many do now, or a license plate identity system that allows for paying cash up two days after crossing the bridge.
fastrak, golden gate bridge, bay area traffic
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday