Bay Area Traffic
Golden Gate Bridge phasing out toll workers
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Toll collectors on the Golden Gate Bridge will soon be a thing of the past.
The crossing from Marin County in to San Francisco will be an all-electronic process by February of next year.
Drivers will have the option of using FasTrak, as many do now, or a license plate identity system that allows for paying cash up two days after crossing the bridge.
fastrak, golden gate bridge, bay area traffic
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting 50 min ago
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles 1 min ago
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana 9 min ago
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan