Bay Area Traffic
Golden Gate Bridge phasing out toll workers
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Toll collectors on the Golden Gate Bridge will soon be a thing of the past.
The crossing from Marin County in to San Francisco will be an all-electronic process by February of next year.
Drivers will have the option of using FasTrak, as many do now, or a license plate identity system that allows for paying cash up two days after crossing the bridge.
fastrak, golden gate bridge, bay area traffic
- Freeze Warning remains in effect across Bay Area
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Multi-vehicle crash blocking lanes on Bay Bridge
- Speeding driver rear-ends San Jose police officer
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Hate crime task force; Suspect fatally shot
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos