Powerball lottery headed to California
SAN LORENZO, Calif. (KGO) -- Powerball -- the multi-state lottery game that's created nationwide frenzies is coming to California next week.
While no one can guarantee who will win the games' sizeable jackpots, California schools will almost certainly be big winners. Powerball could bring them $40- $50 million in revenue.
As for your odds of winning, statistics professor Mike Orkin says they are almost identical to the odds of winning MegaMillions.
"If you buy 50 MegaMillions or Powerball tickets a week, you'll win the jackpot on the average of once every 68,000 years," he said.
lottery, california news, jonathan bloom
- Freeze Warning issued for parts of Bay Area tonight
- 1 arrested in Santa Rosa teen shooting protests 38 min ago
- Shooting sends 2 deputies, suspect to hospital
- All-clear given after gas line fire in Oakland
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Possible human remains found at Lake Sonoma
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give 53 min ago
- Boy suspended for kissing classmate's hand
- KXTV: 8 hurt when SUV crashes into Folsom...
- AP source: A's trade LHP Brett Anderson to Rockies
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Oakland fire; Asiana crash hearing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday