Powerball lottery headed to California
SAN LORENZO, Calif. (KGO) -- Powerball -- the multi-state lottery game that's created nationwide frenzies is coming to California next week.
While no one can guarantee who will win the games' sizeable jackpots, California schools will almost certainly be big winners. Powerball could bring them $40- $50 million in revenue.
As for your odds of winning, statistics professor Mike Orkin says they are almost identical to the odds of winning MegaMillions.
"If you buy 50 MegaMillions or Powerball tickets a week, you'll win the jackpot on the average of once every 68,000 years," he said.
lottery, california news, jonathan bloom
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap 53 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
25 min ago