Powerball lottery headed to California
SAN LORENZO, Calif. (KGO) -- Powerball -- the multi-state lottery game that's created nationwide frenzies is coming to California next week.
While no one can guarantee who will win the games' sizeable jackpots, California schools will almost certainly be big winners. Powerball could bring them $40- $50 million in revenue.
As for your odds of winning, statistics professor Mike Orkin says they are almost identical to the odds of winning MegaMillions.
"If you buy 50 MegaMillions or Powerball tickets a week, you'll win the jackpot on the average of once every 68,000 years," he said.
lottery, california news, jonathan bloom
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 38 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home 24 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body