Powerball lottery headed to California
SAN LORENZO, Calif. (KGO) -- Powerball -- the multi-state lottery game that's created nationwide frenzies is coming to California next week.
While no one can guarantee who will win the games' sizeable jackpots, California schools will almost certainly be big winners. Powerball could bring them $40- $50 million in revenue.
As for your odds of winning, statistics professor Mike Orkin says they are almost identical to the odds of winning MegaMillions.
"If you buy 50 MegaMillions or Powerball tickets a week, you'll win the jackpot on the average of once every 68,000 years," he said.
lottery, california news, jonathan bloom
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock 39 min ago
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- Pair sets record with BASE jump off world's... 58 min ago
- Minnie Driver faces body bullies, tweets nude photo 50 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan