Fire at Beale Air Force Base under investigation
BEALE AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. (KGO) -- Firefighters spent several hours on Monday battling flames at Beale Air Force Base, which is about 50 miles north of Sacramento.
The fire started in a Civil Engineering Squadron building.
There was one person inside and they got out safely. At least one firefighter was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
Officials don't know what caused the fire, but the building has been heavily damaged.
sacramento, air force, fire, california news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire