Fire at Beale Air Force Base under investigation
BEALE AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. (KGO) -- Firefighters spent several hours on Monday battling flames at Beale Air Force Base, which is about 50 miles north of Sacramento.
The fire started in a Civil Engineering Squadron building.
There was one person inside and they got out safely. At least one firefighter was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
Officials don't know what caused the fire, but the building has been heavily damaged.
sacramento, air force, fire, california news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday