Fire at Beale Air Force Base under investigation
BEALE AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. (KGO) -- Firefighters spent several hours on Monday battling flames at Beale Air Force Base, which is about 50 miles north of Sacramento.
The fire started in a Civil Engineering Squadron building.
There was one person inside and they got out safely. At least one firefighter was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
Officials don't know what caused the fire, but the building has been heavily damaged.
sacramento, air force, fire, california news
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch 12 min ago
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued 45 min ago
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- Missing elderly Palo Alto woman with Alzheimer's found
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 39 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
36 min ago