Fire at Beale Air Force Base under investigation
BEALE AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. (KGO) -- Firefighters spent several hours on Monday battling flames at Beale Air Force Base, which is about 50 miles north of Sacramento.
The fire started in a Civil Engineering Squadron building.
There was one person inside and they got out safely. At least one firefighter was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
Officials don't know what caused the fire, but the building has been heavily damaged.
sacramento, air force, fire, california news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos