Fire at Beale Air Force Base under investigation
BEALE AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. (KGO) -- Firefighters spent several hours on Monday battling flames at Beale Air Force Base, which is about 50 miles north of Sacramento.
The fire started in a Civil Engineering Squadron building.
There was one person inside and they got out safely. At least one firefighter was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
Officials don't know what caused the fire, but the building has been heavily damaged.
sacramento, air force, fire, california news
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke near Candlestick 4 min ago
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Oakland boys' choir to sing for Mandela...
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos