UC Davis marks a year since pepper-spraying by police
DAVIS, Calif. (KGO) -- Students at UC Davis are marking the one-year anniversary of a clash between student protesters and campus police that resulted in an infamous pepper-spraying.
The university agreed to a $1 million settlement with 21 students for using excessive force.
The gathering held on Monday at the same area on campus was more peaceful, but some problems that lead to last year's protest still exist.
uc davis, occupy wall street, UC, protest, tuition, oakland, OPD, california news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 41 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
41 min ago