UC Davis marks a year since pepper-spraying by police
DAVIS, Calif. (KGO) -- Students at UC Davis are marking the one-year anniversary of a clash between student protesters and campus police that resulted in an infamous pepper-spraying.
The university agreed to a $1 million settlement with 21 students for using excessive force.
The gathering held on Monday at the same area on campus was more peaceful, but some problems that lead to last year's protest still exist.
uc davis, occupy wall street, UC, protest, tuition, oakland, OPD, california news
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond 56 min ago
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Gov. Brown cites safety in possible bridge delay 25 min ago
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland
- United Airlines restarts 787 flights after grounding
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Bay to Breakers fall; Oakland Hills fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday