UC Davis marks a year since pepper-spraying by police
DAVIS, Calif. (KGO) -- Students at UC Davis are marking the one-year anniversary of a clash between student protesters and campus police that resulted in an infamous pepper-spraying.
The university agreed to a $1 million settlement with 21 students for using excessive force.
The gathering held on Monday at the same area on campus was more peaceful, but some problems that lead to last year's protest still exist.
uc davis, occupy wall street, UC, protest, tuition, oakland, OPD, california news
- Water main break floods Castro Valley neighborhood
- Four people in the South Bay die due to cold weather
- North Korea deports elderly Palo Alto man
- Cal students led move toward divestment
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Local schools race to keep up with technology
- Man suspected of throwing 2 cats into bay arrested
- Make-A-Wish, Macy's team up to help Daly City girl
- New option studied for treating back pain
- SF man calls 7 On Your Side to help in luggage mixup
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday