Bricks for new 49ers stadium to go on sale March 1
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- For a couple of hundred bucks you could add your name or message to the new 49ers stadium by purchasing a commemorative brick.
Our media partner, the San Jose Mercury News, reports that the bricks will go on sale on March 1.
Depending on the size or length of the message on the brick they will sell for $175, $325, or $375 apiece.
The yearlong sales campaign is expected to raise between $2.5 to $3 million.
The bricks will be installed in time for the stadium's 2014 opening.
It will also come with a replica you can keep.
san francisco 49ers, santa clara, nfl
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire