Bricks for new 49ers stadium to go on sale March 1
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- For a couple of hundred bucks you could add your name or message to the new 49ers stadium by purchasing a commemorative brick.
Our media partner, the San Jose Mercury News, reports that the bricks will go on sale on March 1.
Depending on the size or length of the message on the brick they will sell for $175, $325, or $375 apiece.
The yearlong sales campaign is expected to raise between $2.5 to $3 million.
The bricks will be installed in time for the stadium's 2014 opening.
It will also come with a replica you can keep.
san francisco 49ers, santa clara, nfl
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela 4 min ago
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Bank robbery suspect shot in San Rafael 25 min ago
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing 1 min ago
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Golf pro charged; Xmas tree in Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday