GMA crew arrives in New Orleans for Super Bowl
NEW ORLEANS (KGO) -- ABC's Good Morning America team was in New Orleans Friday doing pregame Super Bowl coverage. New Orleans is a party. The Super Bowl is a party. So, what happens when GMA comes to town? You get the GMA tailgate party.
A lot of fans arrived before the sun even came up as Sam Champion and Josh Elliot hosted GMA live from the French Quarter Friday. They were excited to meet Sam and Josh, and neither disappointed, taking photos, chatting, and tossing a football around throughout the show. Both the 49ers and Ravens cheerleaders joined in on the fun as well.
ABC7 News reporter Katie Marzullo didn't miss the chance to ask who the hosts were cheering for. "I'm going to root for San Francisco," Sam said. "Why not? I'm cheering for San Francisco," he added just before Josh revealed thta it took him a week to explain to Sam that football was the game "with the oblong spheroid that we kick and throw and carry over the goal line into the end zone."
There were lots of other big names on the show as well including celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse who calls New Orleans home. He said San Francisco, New Orleans, and Baltimore all share one very important thing in common, seafood. Former 49er Jerry Rice was also present and predicting a big win for the Niners on Sunday.
san francisco 49ers, celebrity, good morning america, super bowl, nfl
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
16 min ago