GMA crew arrives in New Orleans for Super Bowl
NEW ORLEANS (KGO) -- ABC's Good Morning America team was in New Orleans Friday doing pregame Super Bowl coverage. New Orleans is a party. The Super Bowl is a party. So, what happens when GMA comes to town? You get the GMA tailgate party.
A lot of fans arrived before the sun even came up as Sam Champion and Josh Elliot hosted GMA live from the French Quarter Friday. They were excited to meet Sam and Josh, and neither disappointed, taking photos, chatting, and tossing a football around throughout the show. Both the 49ers and Ravens cheerleaders joined in on the fun as well.
ABC7 News reporter Katie Marzullo didn't miss the chance to ask who the hosts were cheering for. "I'm going to root for San Francisco," Sam said. "Why not? I'm cheering for San Francisco," he added just before Josh revealed thta it took him a week to explain to Sam that football was the game "with the oblong spheroid that we kick and throw and carry over the goal line into the end zone."
There were lots of other big names on the show as well including celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse who calls New Orleans home. He said San Francisco, New Orleans, and Baltimore all share one very important thing in common, seafood. Former 49er Jerry Rice was also present and predicting a big win for the Niners on Sunday.
san francisco 49ers, celebrity, good morning america, super bowl, nfl
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii 50 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Most Sherpas decide to leave Everest for the season
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- Powdered alcohols don't have approvals
- 92-year-old Navy veteran gets long-overdue medals
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos