Battle to bring Warriors to SF heating up
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The battle to bring the Warriors to San Francisco is expected to get new reinforcements Monday.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports that restaurant and hotel workers are expected to the join building trade unions Monday in support of the proposed new arena on Piers 30-32.
The proposal includes a new hotel built across from the arena.
Last week, the board of supervisors' budget committee voted that the one-billion dollar project was financially feasible.
The resolution is set to come before the full board on Tuesday.
oakland, golden state warriors, nba
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest 47 min ago
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum 41 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court 3 min ago
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in... 26 min ago
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area home prices steadily rising
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos