Battle to bring Warriors to SF heating up
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The battle to bring the Warriors to San Francisco is expected to get new reinforcements Monday.
The San Francisco Chronicle reports that restaurant and hotel workers are expected to the join building trade unions Monday in support of the proposed new arena on Piers 30-32.
The proposal includes a new hotel built across from the arena.
Last week, the board of supervisors' budget committee voted that the one-billion dollar project was financially feasible.
The resolution is set to come before the full board on Tuesday.
oakland, golden state warriors, nba
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting 53 min ago
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles 4 min ago
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana 12 min ago
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan