Hundreds buy firearms, ammunition during gun show
VALLEJO, Calif (KGO) -- Hundreds of people lined up Saturday to buy firearms and ammunition during a gun show in Vallejo.
It just wrapped up at the Solano County Fairgrounds.
Show organizers says crowds have been larger since the Connecticut school tragedy, with law abiding people concerned about their Second Amendment right to bear arms.
"If you look around here at the show you'll see nothing but a bunch of good old boys you know constitutional, bible thumping American citizens here. Moms pushing their babies around in the carts," gun show organizer Rick Smith said.
"Four weeks ago you could walk to the ticket counter, you could walk right in the door. And also the tickets jumped up, the parking jumped up. They're basicialy capitalizing on all this," Oakley resident Ken Norvell said.
Some people who attended Saturday's gun show say prices for guns and ammunition have almost doubled in recent weeks.
The gun show continues Sunday.
NRA, guns, vallejo, politics
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van 50 min ago
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos