Survey: Adults text and drive more than teens
It now appears adults are the biggest texting-while-driving offenders.
A new survey by AT&T found almost half of all adults admit they text while driving. And adding to the problem, almost all of them admit they know it's wrong, but still do it.
The same study found 43 percent of teenagers say they text while they drive.
According to the National Safety Council there are about ten million teen drivers, but about 180 million adult drivers.
AT&T, driving, smartphones, cellphone, national/world
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders 57 min ago
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 3 min ago
- SJ seeks crowdfunding support for gun buyback
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday 53 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday