Shoppers to spend nearly $20B on Valentine's Day
The economy is getting a lot of love from Valentine's Day.
U.S. shoppers are expected to spend almost $20 billion dollars this year on flowers, cards, chocolates, and gifts.
Florists were busy in San Francisco making deliveries. But waiting until the last minute to order a dozen long stemmed roses could set you back over $100.
And on this Valentine's Day, six million people are expected to propose marriage.
valentine's day, food, engagement, holiday, economy, shopping, national/world
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 36 min ago
- Sonoma Co. supervisor takes stand in peeping trial
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Group still fighting to save Ice Center in San Mateo
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland 33 min ago
- Stocks close mostly higher on earnings; Apple up
- California bill attacks growing corporate wage gap
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- Historic Cal theater to reopen as live music venue
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers 31 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
36 min ago
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers
31 min ago