Shoppers to spend nearly $20B on Valentine's Day
The economy is getting a lot of love from Valentine's Day.
U.S. shoppers are expected to spend almost $20 billion dollars this year on flowers, cards, chocolates, and gifts.
Florists were busy in San Francisco making deliveries. But waiting until the last minute to order a dozen long stemmed roses could set you back over $100.
And on this Valentine's Day, six million people are expected to propose marriage.
valentine's day, food, engagement, holiday, economy, shopping, national/world
- 1 dead, 16 injured in East Harlem explosion 7 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos