Shoppers to spend nearly $20B on Valentine's Day
The economy is getting a lot of love from Valentine's Day.
U.S. shoppers are expected to spend almost $20 billion dollars this year on flowers, cards, chocolates, and gifts.
Florists were busy in San Francisco making deliveries. But waiting until the last minute to order a dozen long stemmed roses could set you back over $100.
And on this Valentine's Day, six million people are expected to propose marriage.
valentine's day, food, engagement, holiday, economy, shopping, national/world
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker 39 min ago
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries 39 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus 36 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 58 min ago
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive 40 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed