Mardi Gras revelers turn out despite rainy forecast
Thousands of people are celebrating the last day of Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
The city is packed with partiers for Fat Tuesday. Up to a million people are expected to pack the streets, despite rain being forecast.
Organizers say the show will go on even if it downpours. The partying ends at midnight, when Lent begins.
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions 29 min ago
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael
- Beyonce releases new iTunes-exclusive album
- Journey guitarist to get married in SF on pay-per-view 31 min ago
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: BART higher fares; Bingo robbery
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday