Mardi Gras revelers turn out despite rainy forecast
Thousands of people are celebrating the last day of Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
The city is packed with partiers for Fat Tuesday. Up to a million people are expected to pack the streets, despite rain being forecast.
Organizers say the show will go on even if it downpours. The partying ends at midnight, when Lent begins.
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 48 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday