South Bay News
Two homeless men died from flu in January
SANTA CLARA COUNTY, Calif. -- Authorities confirmed this week that two Santa Clara County men died from influenza in January, county public health officials said today.
The deaths were both of homeless men under the age of 65, according to the county's Public Health Department.
Health officials previously said that a 98-year-old woman in the county also died in January from the flu and pneumonia.
County health officials planned to hold a news conference in San Jose this afternoon to discuss the deaths and ways to ward off the influenza virus.
flu, santa clara county, south bay news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- Actor Brad Pitt says he suffers from prosopagnosia
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak 57 min ago
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos