South Bay News
Two homeless men died from flu in January
SANTA CLARA COUNTY, Calif. -- Authorities confirmed this week that two Santa Clara County men died from influenza in January, county public health officials said today.
The deaths were both of homeless men under the age of 65, according to the county's Public Health Department.
Health officials previously said that a 98-year-old woman in the county also died in January from the flu and pneumonia.
County health officials planned to hold a news conference in San Jose this afternoon to discuss the deaths and ways to ward off the influenza virus.
flu, santa clara county, south bay news
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 8 min ago
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan