South Bay News
Two homeless men died from flu in January
SANTA CLARA COUNTY, Calif. -- Authorities confirmed this week that two Santa Clara County men died from influenza in January, county public health officials said today.
The deaths were both of homeless men under the age of 65, according to the county's Public Health Department.
Health officials previously said that a 98-year-old woman in the county also died in January from the flu and pneumonia.
County health officials planned to hold a news conference in San Jose this afternoon to discuss the deaths and ways to ward off the influenza virus.
flu, santa clara county, south bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing 12 min ago
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
46 min ago
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno...
12 min ago