South Bay News
Two homeless men died from flu in January
SANTA CLARA COUNTY, Calif. -- Authorities confirmed this week that two Santa Clara County men died from influenza in January, county public health officials said today.
The deaths were both of homeless men under the age of 65, according to the county's Public Health Department.
Health officials previously said that a 98-year-old woman in the county also died in January from the flu and pneumonia.
County health officials planned to hold a news conference in San Jose this afternoon to discuss the deaths and ways to ward off the influenza virus.
flu, santa clara county, south bay news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos