South Bay News
Man stabbed multiple times in attack in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose police are investigating a fatal stabbing that is the city's third homicide of the year and the second in two days.
Sgt. Jason Dwyer said Thursday that a group of young men walked up to a man in his late 30s or 40s and began stabbing him several times in the torso in the city's Kenwood neighborhood shortly after 8:30 p.m.
The victim was later pronounced dead at a local hospital.
Dwyer said police do not yet have a motive as it's still unknown whether the victims knew his attackers or if the incident was random.
No arrests have been made. The victim's name has not yet been released.
It was San Jose's second homicide in two days. On Wednesday, 43-year-old Anna Duong, a mother of two, was shot and killed in her condominium.
No arrests have been made in that killing.
san jose, crime, murder, south bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 14 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week 47 min ago
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall 15 min ago
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos