South Bay News
Santa Clara County supes reviewing credit cards
SANTA CLARA COUNTY (KGO) -- Santa Clara County supervisors are reviewing the way officials use their government credit cards, after accusations of lavish spending by board president George Shirakawa.
Shirakawa is being investigated by the county district attorney and the fair political practices commission. Since 2009, he has spent more than $36,000 of taxpayer funds. Charges include more than 180 restaurant meals, flight upgrades to first class and payments at swank Las Vegas establishments. Shirakawa declared personal bankruptcy in March 2011.
santa clara county, south bay news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 55 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 52 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
44 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos