South Bay News
Santa Clara County supes reviewing credit cards
SANTA CLARA COUNTY (KGO) -- Santa Clara County supervisors are reviewing the way officials use their government credit cards, after accusations of lavish spending by board president George Shirakawa.
Shirakawa is being investigated by the county district attorney and the fair political practices commission. Since 2009, he has spent more than $36,000 of taxpayer funds. Charges include more than 180 restaurant meals, flight upgrades to first class and payments at swank Las Vegas establishments. Shirakawa declared personal bankruptcy in March 2011.
santa clara county, south bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Serious accident on Almaden Expressway in San Jose 40 min ago
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown 18 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
9 min ago