South Bay News
Water main break shuts down service in San Jose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- A water main break Tuesday morning in East San Jose shut down service to more than two dozen customers, a San Jose Water Company spokesman said.
The 12-inch pipe burst around 8:10 a.m. on Story Road at Lyndale Avenue, spokesman John Tang said.
Service was shut off, affecting 25 residents on Story Road between Lyndale Avenue and Stonehedge Way, according to a San Jose Water customer service representative.
Water service is expected to be restored by late this afternoon. "We expect minimal impact," Tang said. "We are not seeing any damage from any flooding."
There is water in the area and crews are working quickly to repair the leak, he said.
A woman answering the phone at the San Jose Foothill Family Community Clinic, located at 2880 Story Road, said around 9 a.m. that the water was spewing from the middle of the road near the Safeway on Story Road.
She said she hadn't seen any flooding and that it's "not to the point where it's scary."
The water main break is one of a handful throughout the city today.
A water company customer service representative said four other smaller breaks were also reported this morning, including at Woodhaven and Dale drives and Alum Rock Avenue and Edgemont Drive.
san jose, water main break, south bay news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- Report: Yahoo nearing $1.1B acquisition of Tumblr
- Get Free Stuff: Purse, nail kit, comedy show
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 23 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
23 min ago