San Francisco News
State, city leaders join UCSF medical center rally
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- State Senator Leland Yee and San Francisco Supervisors John Avalos and Eric Mar are among local leaders joining a rally by hospital workers this morning at the UCSF Medical Center.
The workers are protesting UCSF's decision to cut nearly 300 positions at the medical center on Parnassus Avenue.
The San Francisco Examiner reports that the medical center says the staff reductions are being made to prepare for costs associated with the Affordable Care Act signed into law by President Obama in 2010.
UCSF, protest, jobs, layoff, san francisco news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday