San Francisco News
State, city leaders join UCSF medical center rally
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- State Senator Leland Yee and San Francisco Supervisors John Avalos and Eric Mar are among local leaders joining a rally by hospital workers this morning at the UCSF Medical Center.
The workers are protesting UCSF's decision to cut nearly 300 positions at the medical center on Parnassus Avenue.
The San Francisco Examiner reports that the medical center says the staff reductions are being made to prepare for costs associated with the Affordable Care Act signed into law by President Obama in 2010.
UCSF, protest, jobs, layoff, san francisco news
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday