San Francisco News
State, city leaders join UCSF medical center rally
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- State Senator Leland Yee and San Francisco Supervisors John Avalos and Eric Mar are among local leaders joining a rally by hospital workers this morning at the UCSF Medical Center.
The workers are protesting UCSF's decision to cut nearly 300 positions at the medical center on Parnassus Avenue.
The San Francisco Examiner reports that the medical center says the staff reductions are being made to prepare for costs associated with the Affordable Care Act signed into law by President Obama in 2010.
UCSF, protest, jobs, layoff, san francisco news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Gay partner benefits growing at Fortune 500 firms
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- 18 Los Angeles sheriff's deputies face US charges 5 min ago
- South Africa names speakers for Mandela ceremony
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Winter Spare the Air called for today 7 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos