San Francisco News
Oracle catamaran back in water after wreck
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- People can once again expect to see Oracle's impressive 72-foot catamaran sailing around the San Francisco Bay.
Monday morning, Oracle Team U.S.A, put their $8 million boat back in the water. It has been undergoing repairs since it flipped over last October during training.
The crew used the accident as an opportunity to make design modifications. The accident made the Oracle team lose about two-thirds of its practice time, meaning they have some catching up to do.
The America's Cup race sets sail this summer.
san francisco bay, oracle, boats, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
58 min ago