San Francisco News
Oracle catamaran back in water after wreck
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- People can once again expect to see Oracle's impressive 72-foot catamaran sailing around the San Francisco Bay.
Monday morning, Oracle Team U.S.A, put their $8 million boat back in the water. It has been undergoing repairs since it flipped over last October during training.
The crew used the accident as an opportunity to make design modifications. The accident made the Oracle team lose about two-thirds of its practice time, meaning they have some catching up to do.
The America's Cup race sets sail this summer.
san francisco bay, oracle, boats, san francisco news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 51 14 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Vallejo fire leaves one person hospitalized
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident 54 min ago
- Gov. Brown cites safety in possible bridge delay
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday