San Francisco News
Oracle catamaran back in water after wreck
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- People can once again expect to see Oracle's impressive 72-foot catamaran sailing around the San Francisco Bay.
Monday morning, Oracle Team U.S.A, put their $8 million boat back in the water. It has been undergoing repairs since it flipped over last October during training.
The crew used the accident as an opportunity to make design modifications. The accident made the Oracle team lose about two-thirds of its practice time, meaning they have some catching up to do.
The America's Cup race sets sail this summer.
san francisco bay, oracle, boats, san francisco news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- Sonoma Co. supervisor takes stand in peeping trial
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Group still fighting to save Ice Center in San Mateo
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- Stocks close mostly higher on earnings; Apple up
- California bill attacks growing corporate wage gap
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- Historic Cal theater to reopen as live music venue
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued